Online Zoom Courses Available* Due to COVID-19 policies, if you are unable to join us in person, please follow the link below to see all available online classes.
APT provides professional instruction in caregiving by state-approved instructors who provide up-to-date information, skills testing, and guidance for you to become a Direct Care Worker (DCW), as envisioned by the State of Arizona (azahcccs.gov and azdirectcare.org). All students earning a Direct Care Worker (DCW) certificate will be recognized by any caregiver employer in the state of Arizona. APT adheres to the Principles of Caregiving (azdirectcare.org) as the core of its Direct Care Worker (DCW) classes.
DCW Fundamentals of Caregiving Topics:
• Legal and Ethical Issues
• Cultural Competency
• Job Management Skills
• Observing, Reporting and Documenting
• Infection Control (Air- and Blood-Borne Pathogens / Universal Precautions)
• Nutrition and Food Preparation
• Fire, Safety, and Emergency Procedures
• Home Environment Maintenance