Online Zoom Courses Available* Due to COVID-19 policies, if you are unable to join us in person, please follow the link below to see all available online classes.
IN PERSON (including live zoom classes): In-person class registrations must be canceled at least 24 hours prior to the start time of the class in order to receive a refund.
ONLINE: Refunds for our online and blended courses are only given under the following conditions: The person did not access any portion of the online course AND the person requests a refund in writing via email within 14 business days from the date of purchasing the course. There will be no refunds for any online course once a course has been accessed in any manner.
NOTE: we are not able to refund Blended CPR and First Aid classes because when we register the participant, we are charged by the Health and Safety Institute and we cannot recover that charge.
This new industry-specific training program is a collection of easy-to-digest pieces of information on all the things you need to know to find success in your role as a HCBS Supervisor or Manager. AHCCCS and the Division of Developmental Disabilities policies and procedures will be explored, along with advocacy, management, and leadership strategies.
Who are these programs for? This program is geared for agency owners, new and seasoned supervisors or managers, administrative assistants, and customer service staff.
This is a 12-week series.
Cost: $1500 for the entire course including mentorship for 12 calendar months.
- Overview of AHCCCS, ALTCS, DES, DDD
- Cultural Competency
- Being an Advocate
- How a member qualifies for DDD services
- Rights of a member
- Responsibilities of members and qualified vendors
- Required Documentation
- Required Trainings
- Required Background Checks
- Parents as providers
- Person-centered planning documents, planning meetings, and orientations
- Habilitation and Respite Services
- Attendant Care and Homemaker Services
- Documentation, policies, guidelines, and limits
- Electronic Visit Verification
- DDD Systems (FOCUS, authorizations, denials, gaps in services, Wellsky)
- Incident Reporting, HIPAA Reporting, and Medication Management
- Leadership vs. Management, Time Management, and Support Coordinator Relationships
- Managing the Team
- Professional Relationships and Self-Care
- Detailed understanding of DDD policies, procedures, and guidelines for all Home and Community-Based Services
- Increased ability to be an advocate for members
- Understanding of how to use DDD systems such as FOCUS
- Basic leadership and management techniques
- Participant Guide Workbook
- Checklists, worksheets, and templates